With an increased emphasis on the global industry of textiles, the best-selling Fabric Science, 11th Edition provides the most comprehensive and current introduction to textiles-from fibers through finished fabrics. The eleventh edition has been fully updated to reflect the current industry and applications to fashion, home goods, interior design, and related industries.
- Hardcover binder with loose-leaf, full color sheets allows user to customize their book
- Coverage of fiber characteristics, yarns, woven and knit fabrics, dyeing, printing, and various finishes
- Discussions on environmental concerns, care and renovation, fabric innovations, quality issues, and global laws that regulate textiles
- Attention to textiles for interiors and how to select fabric for the desired end use in apparel, interior furnishings and industrial products
- The vocabulary of textiles in chapter glossaries and a list of fiber names in seven languages
The companion Fabric Science Swatch Kit, 11th Edition (ISBN 9781628926576), includes 114 fabric swatches that align with this text and give students hands-on experience with textile fibers, yarns, fabrications, dyes, prints, and finishes-providing a complete package for understanding textiles.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Updates include fiber innovations, high performance fabrics, smart textiles, nanotechnology, recent developments in wet processing and textile technology, global sourcing options, and sustainability
- New Business of Textiles feature focuses on applications with topics such as the novelty yarns used in Chanel suits, current wearable apparel technology, and new green dry cleaning methods
- More than 250 color photos and illustrations and 20% new photographs
- Renamed and expanded Chapter 13 Performance, Technical, and Smart Textiles